Billy Evins Memorial Roping
(Vale July 4th Rodeo Qualifier Team Roping & Barrel Race)
JUNE 22 & 23, 2017
VALE RODEO GROUNDS
Twenty-four team roping teams and 20 barrel racers from 5 age groups will qualify to compete in the Vale 4th of July Rodeo as listed:
Please click the link to find out more about this year’s Event – Billy Evins Memorial Team Roping
- 1st night – teams that placed 19th through 24th.
- 2nd night – teams that placed 13th through 18th.
- 3rd night – teams that placed 7th through 12th.
- 4th night – teams that placed 1st through 6th.
- 1st night – contestants that placed 4th in their age group.
- 2nd night – contestants that placed 3rd in their age group.
- 3rd night – contestants that placed 2nd in their age group.
- 4th night – contestants that placed 1st in their age group.
*Trading nights for rodeo performances will be considered for those traveling more than 50 miles one-way from rodeo grounds. It is the responsibility of the team or contestant along with the rodeo local events coordinator to find another qualifying team or contestant to trade with. No changes considered after seven days from the qualifier. No more than 7 team roping teams will compete in one night. Exceptions can be made for emergencies.
*If a team roping team or barrel racing contestant is unable to compete in the rodeo, the empty slot will be filled by the next qualified team or barrel racer that is available to compete on that night.
*You will rope in the rodeo with the partner you qualify with! If not, the next qualified team will move up in the slot! NO EXCEPTIONS!
*NPRA rules will apply for both team roping and barrel racing with the following exceptions:
…..Barrel racing: Runs for the qualifier may be flagged versus using an electric eye.
…..Team roping: Times for the qualifier can be flagged at the discretion of the flagger and/or stock contractor but must be announced prior to the beginning of the competition. An electric eye will be used for qualifier not a barrier.
All contestants must meet the following eligibility requirements and be prepared to provide proof of such if asked:
- Participants must be available to participate at the Vale 4th of July Rodeo for the night they qualified.
- Contestants must be current Malheur County residents (90+ days), land owners, and/or a graduate of any Malheur County high school. If contestant is participating in the graduate status they must be roping with a current Malheur County resident as their “pick” partner.
- If contestants are under 18 years of age one parent/legal guardian must be a current Malheur County resident or land owner.
- Temporary residents (i.e. college students) who do not reside within Malheur County on a permanent annual basis are not eligible to participate.
- All contestants must be able to ride without restraints. Exceptions will be made for disabled/handicapped contestants
- All decisions are final subject to review by Vale 4th of July Rodeo Board.
- Proof of eligibility must be provided upon request.